Thursday, 15 October 2009

Idea = Sorted! 15-10-09


We have finally agreed on an idea, this idea is very simple, but very effective using a range of techniques including after effects and other good camera skills. This week we started pre-production properly and we are working very efficient and fast, this week I was managing the Primary research, planning initially what we were going to do and then allocating tasks to members of the team. This included drawing up questionnaires, organising focus groups and other things related to this. As well as managing I also helped with the Primary research as well as creating a synopsis and premise for the idea, to start the pre-production rolling. 

Yesterday I also did some test shots and further research into the After Effects effects (seen above). This is quite a hard thing to do, it involves lots of presets and extensive knowledge in After effects to achieve however, by watching tutorials I have come to know how to make this effect and I also passed this information onto the rest of the team so that we can all work on it at the same time on different PC's because it is quite a time consuming thing. The actual effect is of a coloured light stream coming round things in a film. You can see a similar effect here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q67EKPLpi2M However we will be using it in a completely different way and we stumbled across this after we had thought of the idea. 
Next blog I will hopefully post some of the stuff I have been playing around with on after effects when I am on my Mac.

On another point our quick meeting with Mr. Henry from Linney's went really well on Wednesday. I explained our idea, showing him the synopsis and premise I wrote as well as Stefan's treatment and Scott's storyboards. It went really well and after we quickly pitched the idea he really liked it and wanted to go ahead with it. He also confirmed that we would be able to use their printers to print a design of ours for a prop to make it look professional and real that Linney's have printed it themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment